Monday, December 7, 2015

I'm back....again. And doing crazy things with bobble stitch and graphs.

Ok, so I got out of the blogging world for way too long. I moved from Illinois to South Carolina at the end of 2014, and I couldn't be happier with that decision. I live less than 30 minutes away from the beach and it stays warm most of the year. No snow, no shoveling, no scraping ice off the windshield....

So, what have I been up to? Well, crocheting and knitting mostly. When I'm not at work, at least. And sometimes there as well if it isn't too busy. Right now I am working on my sister-in-law's Christmas gift. I found this Potter Pillow over on Ravelry and at first was just going to make the pillow, but then found out that the designer was doing a whole HP CAL over on her website & Facebook page. Crafty Ridge Designs has the most amazing HP squares, so of course I had to change the gift to the afghan.

As I finished the first 6 squares, I realized that this could open up a whole world of graph / 8-bit nerdy designs for me! So here is my first attempt at my own square.

Pikachu!



My nephew & niece have recently gotten into Pokemon, so I have decided to make them some pillows for Christmas. Each will have the Pokeball on the back. So, go ahead & grab this pdf and make up your own. I should have the Pokeball done soon & will upload pics as soon as it is done, but here is the graph I'm working with, so grab the pdf for this one as well.

Pikachu pdf

Pokeball pdf



Materials:
-Worsted Weight Yarn in white, black, yellow & red. (I'm partial to Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn, but any worsted weight yarn will do)
-Hook appropriate to your yarn selection. This was done with an H/5.00 hook.
-Yarn needle
-Scissors
-16" pillow form if making a pillow

Need to know how to go about making this bobble stitch square? Check out some tips from Repeat Crafter Me! She has made an epic Seattle Seahawks blanket with this stitch.

I'm going to work on a couple more Pokemon characters, but feel free to make suggestions!







No comments:

Post a Comment