Sunday, June 5, 2011

Cubs Cards game

Saturday was a very long day. I was going to the Cubs Cards game in St. Louis with some people from church & had to be at the church at 10:45. I was actually on time even though I had to run up to JoAnn fabrics to grab another skein of yarn. I rode with Bruce & Karen Weir, Amy Lee, and Don Blumenshine. I don't know any of these people except by sight. I sat in the back & crocheted during the ride up & managed to finish up my niece's blanket for her 4th birthday.
We got to our seats in the stadium around 2:30, game didn't start until 3:15. I was razzed a bit by some of the other church members for my Cubs gear. Hey, I'm from Illinois, I cheer for Chicago. What can I say, it's easy to root for the underdog if you always cheer for Chicago. It was 95 degrees out, but at least we were in the shade. I wouldn't have made it if we had to sit in the sun. Cardinals got a 2 run homer in the bottom of the 5th, but then Pena of the Cubs got a 2 run homer in the top of the 6th & they scored 2 more runs. Went into extra innings. By the bottom of the 12th inning I was praying anyone would score because I was so hot, tired, thirsty, and hungry. Pujols of the Cards was first up to bat & hit a homer over the center field wall. I'm still not sure why Kerry Wood decided to pitch to him instead of walk him, but that's the Cubs mentality. Here's a pic of the Arch from my seat in the stadium.
We got out of St. Louis relatively quickly considering the traffic & stopped in Collinsville, IL for food to eat in the car. The ride home was uneventful. We got back to the church at 10 pm. I had told my friend Jolean that if we got back in time I would watch her boys so she & her husband Mike could go see X-Men: First Class. I sent her a text & she said they would still like to go. So, ran home, let Maddy out, grabbed the Veronica Mars Season 1 dvd I've been watching & headed over. Boys were obviously already in bed when I got there at 11. I just watched my dvds until they returned around 2:45 am. I got some homemade apple banana nut bread out of the deal too. Made it home, but had a massive headache. Didn't get to bed until nearly 4. It was a very long day, but glad I got to see a Cubs Cards game in person. Maybe I'll have to go again, but this time at Wrigley Field.

No comments:

Post a Comment